Monday, October 5, 2009

Is it 3rd year already Batman?

This year is pretty intense. Pretty awesome so far, although I would love it a lot lot more if I was not sick, sick, sick. Stop Motion in class assignment. Car crash! "They nearly collide at frame 13, following a predetermined path, then crash at frame 36" Neat. It was a lot of fun, this is my third take. My first I messed up almost immediately, the camera being way too close, I didnt have enough space for a nice composition so I scrapped it. Shot the second but thought the timing and spacing was weak and then shot this one. Liked it a lot better than the second but I was running out of time and getting frustrated with the red car cause the wheels were loose and kept rolling away after I would place it at the end for the slow out @.@ Not noticable that much in movement, but can be seen when still framing it (: Nit pick!

video

Next up we have my super awesome Action Analysis Assignment Leica. Pretty excited for this project. Really need to work up that layout and tighten up the character. I think it will be a lot of fun. And a good gear up for the group film process. (Woohoo pre-production work this semester? Maybe look foward to some concept art?)

video

1 comment:

Aminder Dhaliwal said...

yeah i totally wouldn't have notice the red car thing, if you hadn't said it to me like 5 times, i like the composition too - the first time i tried my crash was a little farup


love the leica - but you already know i do.